Congratulations on a great 2015 Conference Honor Choir experience
Information regarding 2016 Honor Choirs will be announced in January 2016
2015 Missouri Youth Honor Choirs
Honor Choir Info
Honor Choir Audition Info
Audition Fee - $12; Participation Fee - $35
Scholarship Form - Free/Reduced Lunch verification
Direct questions about the individual honor choir to each coordinator:
MCDA 2014 4-5-6 Honor Choir Members Contact: Stephanie Fridley - firstname.lastname@example.org
MCDA 2014 7-8 Honor Choir Members Contact: Christy Gentili - email@example.com
MCDA 2014 9-10 Honor Choir Members Contact: Jason Huneycutt - firstname.lastname@example.org
OpusEvents is open and ready to accept Honor Choir applications.
Login using ACDA information. (username: First_Last password: ACDA number)
Please read all instructions below before uploading
Please contact Jana Fox, MYHC Coordinator email@example.com with questions
DEADLINE FOR MYHC AUDITIONS IS MARCH 30, 2015.
Please send only one check for all students and identify students, MCDA member, and the choir students are auditioning for on a separate piece of paper included in the envelope. Make checks payable to MCDA and mail to Jana Fox 5015 Angelia Ct Jefferson City, MO 65109
You must be a current ACDA member and know your ACDA membership # to access the application. Membership must be current at the time of audition and at the time of performance.
AUDITION PROCESS: FOR UPLOADS USE TWO/THREE TRACKS--UPLOAD EACH TRACK SEPARATELY
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 4/5/6 HONOR CHOIR: (note changes)
1. VOCALIZATION (all grades): Sing the top 5 (ascending) pitches and bottom 5 (descending) pitches of your range on “loo” or "ah" unaccompanied. Play the starting pitch for each set. The ascending set should be from do - so and the descending set should be from so - do.
2. JUBILATE DEO (grades 4/5/6 only): Perform Jubilate Deo unaccompanied (music attached) in your preferred voice part and also in a neighboring voice part. (example: preferred part Alto 1, neighboring part Soprano 2) Say each voice part before you sing it and play the starting pitch. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 7/8 AND 9/10: USE THREE SEPARATE TRACKS
1. VOCALIZATION (all grades): Sing the top 5 (ascending) pitches and bottom 5 (descending) pitches of your range on “loo” or “ah” unaccompanied. Play the starting pitch for each set. The ascending set be from do - so and the descending set should be from so - do.
2. My Country ‘tis of Thee/America (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): Starting on the pitches listed below, sing the first verse unaccompanied. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
*For My Country ‘tis of Thee begin on the following pitch for each voice part.
Soprano: A above middle C
Alto: E above middle C
Tenor: A below middle C
Baritone: F below middle C
3. SOLO (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): One to two minutes of an Aria, Art Song, or Folk Song, etc. (with or without accompaniment) that may be suitable for a competition or festival. Limit the piano introduction to no more than 5 seconds. Pop, Gospel, and Contemporary Christian pieces are not acceptable and will result in disqualification.
(4/5/6 audition does not include the solo)