2014 Missouri Youth Honor Choirs
Honor Choir Info
Honor Choir Audition Info
Audition Fee - $10; Participation Fee - $35
Scholarship Form - Free/Reduced Lunch verification
Direct questions about the individual honor choir to each coordinator:
MCDA 2014 4-5-6 Honor Choir Members Contact: Stephanie Fridley - email@example.com
MCDA 2014 7-8 Honor Choir Members Contact: Christy Gentili - firstname.lastname@example.org
MCDA 2014 9-10 Honor Choir Members Contact: Jason Huneycutt - email@example.com
(This is not the same as your login for the MCDA website)
The moacda.org site will be open for uploads and applications for the 4/5/6, 7/8, and 9/10 honor choirs February 16. Teachers can begin the recording process and save them in itunes until the site is ready to accept uploads. The deadline for applications is March 15. There are some changes to the 4/5/6 honor choir process this year so please read the information below before you begin the process.
DUE TO THE NUMBER OF SNOW DAYS AND WEATHER RELATED ISSUES THROUGHOUT MISSOURI, THE DEADLINE FOR MYHC AUDITIONS IS EXTENDED TO MARCH 30, 2014.
All checks for audition fees for these choirs must be made out to MCDA and sent to:
Jana Fox, Honor Choir Coordinator
5015 Angelia Ct.
Jefferson City, MO 65109
PLEASE NOTE: Auditions are uploaded - deadline March 30. PAYMENT must be received (postmarked by March 30) with the accompanying form identifying the auditioning students or the auditions will not be heard! (PAYMENT POSTMARK DEADLINE IS ALSO MARCH 30, 2014)
Please send only one check for all students and identify students, MCDA member, and the choir students are auditioning for on a separate piece of paper included in the envelope.
You must be a current ACDA member and know your ACDA membership # to access the application. Membership must be current at the time of audition and at the time of performance.
AUDITION PROCESS: For uploads, please put all the elements on one track IN THIS ORDER:
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 4/5/6 HONOR CHOIR: (note changes)
1. VOCALIZATION (all grades): Sing the top 5 (ascending) pitches and bottom 5 (descending) pitches of your range on “loo” or "ah" unaccompanied. Play the starting pitch for each set. The ascending set should be from do - so and the descending set should be from so - do.
2. JUBILATE DEO (grades 4/5/6 only): Perform Jubilate Deo unaccompanied (music attached) in your preferred voice part and also in a neighboring voice part. (example: preferred part Alto 1, neighboring part Soprano 2) Say each voice part before you sing it and play the starting pitch. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 7/8 AND 9/10:
1. VOCALIZATION (all grades): Sing the top 5 (ascending) pitches and bottom 5 (descending) pitches of your range on “loo” or “ah” unaccompanied. Play the starting pitch for each set. The ascending set be from do - so and the descending set should be from so - do.
2. My Country ‘tis of Thee/America (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): Starting on the pitches listed below, sing the first verse unaccompanied. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
*For My Country ‘tis of Thee begin on the following pitch for each voice part.
Soprano: A above middle C
Alto: E above middle C
Tenor: A below middle C
Baritone: F below middle C
3. SOLO (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): One to two minutes of an Aria, Art Song, or Folk Song, etc. (with or without accompaniment) that may be suitable for a competition or festival. Limit the piano introduction to no more than 5 seconds. Pop, Gospel, and Contemporary Christian pieces are not acceptable and will result in disqualification.
(4/5/6 audition does not include the solo)