2017 Missouri Youth Honor Choirs
Honor Choir Info
Direct questions about the individual honor choir to each chair:
MCDA 2016 4-5-6 Honor Choir Members Contact: Stephanie Fridley - email@example.com
MCDA 2016 7-8 Honor Choir Members Contact: Christy Gentili - firstname.lastname@example.org
MCDA 2016 9-10 Honor Choir Members Contact: Christy Elsea - email@example.com
OpusEvents will be open and ready to accept Honor Choir applications March 1-30
Login using ACDA information. (username: First_Last password: ACDA number)
Please read all instructions below before uploading
Please contact Jana Fox, MYHC Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
Audition Fee - $13; Participation Fee - $36
Scholarship Form - Free/Reduced Lunch verification
The scholarship covers participation fees, not audition fees
DEADLINE FOR MYHC AUDITIONS IS MARCH 30, 2017
Credit Cards may be used on the Opus sight, after all audition materials and information are uploaded click the pay now link.
If paying by check send one check for all students. Include with the check a list of student names and name of sponsoring MCDA member, DO NOT send a check without this information. Make checks payable to MCDA and mail to Jana Fox 5015 Angelia Ct Jefferson City, MO 65109.
Checks must be received before students can be placed in a choir.
You must be a current ACDA member and know your ACDA membership # to access the application. Membership must be current at the time of audition and at the time of performance.
AUDITION PROCESS: UPLOAD EACH TRACK SEPARATELY
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 4/5/6 HONOR CHOIR:
AUDITION CONSISTS OF ONE SINGLE TRACK:
1. Do not say the applicant’s name or school on the recording. Do not include any coaching or prompts on the recording. The director should not speak at all on the recording.
2.Perform Jubilate Deo unaccompanied (music attached) in your preferred voice part and also in a neighboring voice part. (example: preferred part Alto 1, neighboring part Soprano 2) The SINGER should say each voice part before the starting pitch. Do not play a chord, scale or anything else on the recording. Play a single pitch only.
3. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
RECORDING INSTRUCTIONS FOR 7/8 AND 9/10: USE THREE SEPARATE TRACKS
1. VOCALIZATION (all grades): Sing the top 5 (ascending) pitches and bottom 5 (descending) pitches of your range on “loo” or “ah” unaccompanied. Play the starting pitch for each set. The ascending set be from do - so and the descending set should be from so - do.
2. My Country ‘tis of Thee/America (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): Starting on the pitches listed below, sing the first verse unaccompanied. Accompanied singers will be disqualified.
*For My Country ‘tis of Thee begin on the following pitch for each voice part.
Soprano: A above middle C
Alto: E above middle C
Tenor: A below middle C
Baritone: F below middle C
3. SOLO (grades 7/8, 9/10 only): One to two minutes of an Aria, Art Song, or Folk Song, etc. (with or without accompaniment) that may be suitable for a competition or festival. Limit the piano introduction to no more than 5 seconds. Pop, Gospel, and Contemporary Christian pieces are not acceptable and will result in disqualification.
(4/5/6 audition does not include the solo)