South Central District
SC District Honor Choir Auditions
- Date: Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014
- Location: Kickapoo HS
- Time: 8:00 - ??
- 9/10 Audition consists of only two songs now:
- Even years: I’ll Say It Anyway - Certón
- Odd years: Farewell, My Love
- 9/10 Audition will be blind
- A sight-reading component has been added to the 9/10 audition!!
4 measures, do to sol, stepwise motion only.
- Scale singing component - Students will sing a scale (ascending and descending) from these starting pitches. Soprano (G) Alto (Db) Tenor (F) Bass (B)
- 9/10 Audition Fee: $10 Payable to SCMMEA
- 11/12 Audition Fee: $10 Payable to SCMMEA – THIS HAS CHANGED!!
- 11/12 Audition Pieces:
Even years: Per la Gloria, Sebben Crudele, Rest in the Lord, I Attempt From Love's Sickness to Fly
Odd years: Caro Mio Ben, Giail Sole Dal Gange, Where’er Ye Walk, Into the Night
- Key Signatures, Part Specific SR, and Melodic SR will remain unchanged
- District Pre-Rehearsal Dates and Times:
- Thursday, Oct 23rd 7 – 9 p.m. @ Central HS
- Tuesday, Oct 28th 6 – 8 p.m. @ Mt. Grove HS
- District Choir Performance – Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014 at SBU. Time TBA
- 9/10 Clinician – Carla Oliver
- 11/12 Clinician – Paul Crabb
9/10 Literature List
O Sing Rejoice - Handel SATB Carl Fischer, CM85292.
No Time - Brumfield SSAA Colla Voce, 21-202603.
Tell My Father - arr. Ramsey TTB Hal Leonard, 025010964.
The Pasture - Stroope: SATB Colla Voce, 45-211025.
Walk in Jerusalem - Rollo Dilworth: SATB Hal Leonard, 08734360
11/12 Literature List
1. Wana baraka--Kirchnerhttp://sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=482
2. In the Voice of Praise and Thanksgiving--Handelhttp://www.alliancemusic.com/product.cfm?iProductID=1093
3. If Music Be the Food--Dickau http://www.jwpepper.com/If-Music-Be-the-Food-of-Love/5570528.item#.U2Ln1_lkQg8
4. Wade in the Water--Koepkehttp://sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=227https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFGrfKwRhDk
5. Now Our Meeting’s Over--Jocelyn Hagenhttp://sbmp.com/SR2.php?CatalogNumber=969
2015 Missouri All-State Choir Information
The All-State Choir Audition will be held the morning of Saturday, Nov. 1st 2014, at SBU during the District Choir rehearsal.
All-State Choir results will be emailed to directors no later than 2:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 2nd, 2014. Results will also be posted on the scmmea webpage.
All-State Audition Fees: $10 Payable to SCMCDA, due Nov. 1st at registration.
Students MUST have the following forms, or they will not be allowed to audition! If possible, please fill them out online, and then print/sign. It makes it much easier to read!
All-State Audition Permission Form http://moacda.org/storage/All-State%20Audition%20Permission%20Form.pdf
Student Information Form http://moacda.org/storage/all-state-choir/Info%20Form%20Complete.pdf·
The following items are due by December 15th, 2014:
Code of Conduct Form http://moacda.org/storage/all-state-choir/CODE%20OF%20CONDUCT.pdf
NOTARIZED Medical Permission Form http://moacda.org/storage/all-state-choir/MEDICAL%20PERMISSION%20FORM-1.pdf
All-State Participation Fees: $130 for members and $8 for alternates.
Checks payable to South Central MCDA.
All money and paperwork mailed to:
Ozark High School
1350 West Bluff Dr.
Ozark, MO 65721
The All-State audition piece is Exultate Jusit by Viadana. Download the score and rehearsal tracks from the MCDA website. www.moacda.org/state-choir/
The All-State Pre-Rehearsal Dates:
Saturday, Jan. 3, 2015, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. OHS Choir Room
Saturday, Jan. 10, 2015, 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. OHS Choir Room
Snow make-up rehearsal: Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, 11 – 4, OHS Choir Room
MMEA Dates for 2015: January 28-31, 2015
Two alternates will be selected for each voice part. Alternates are honored as members of the All-State Choir, but do not attend the MMEA convention, unless a member within the choir cannot attend. However, Alternates must attend all State rehearsals to be eligible.
The All-State music is the responsibility of each student/school. DO NOT use photocopies.
Lebanon High School
417-532-9144 x1235 (office)